Sossusvlei has the highest dunes in the world, and with the colour changes they produce at sunrise and at sunset is a must see, it is simply breathtaking! We recommend entering the park very early, or very late to experience these breathtaking scenes! The Vlei is usually dry, receiving water only in very good rain years.
Shortly after breakfast at any hotel/lodge situated in Windhoek we travel south to world-famous Sossusvlei via Spreetshoogte Pass. We make a quick stop at the view point to admire the picture perfect Namib. The activities in the afternoon include a visit to the fascinating rock formation of the Sesriem Canyon and in the late afternoon we climb Elim Dune, overlooking scenic desert horizon.
Distance: 350 km on gravel road
Duration: +/- 5 to 6 hours including stops
Accommodation: 2 nights at any one of the beautiful lodges in and around Sossusvlei
We leave early in the morning, just before sunrise for Sossusvlei. We start off by climbing Dune 45, this is a must do and we recommend this to everyone. After Dune 45 it is off to the surreal Dead Vlei, a place of vast desert pan where dried-up, ancient acacias stand silent in the open-air gallery. If you are up for it, you can take on climbing one of the highest dunes on Earth, the “Big Daddy”’ or “Big Mama”. Sossusvlei and Dead Vlei are considered to be one of the most photogenic and some of the most photographed places on Earth and make for beautiful memories!
Be on the lookout, you may just see the occasional wildlife: ostriches, Oryx, bat-eared foxes, springboks, possibly cheetah and various birds inhabiting the desert.
Optional activity in the afternoon: Hot Air Ballooning.
Meals: breakfast, dinner.
Today we start with a relaxed breakfast before we depart for Windhoek through scenic Spreetshoogte Pass. We should arrive in the capital before lunch. We will drop you off at the hotel/lodge of your choice.
Farewell, goodbye and many happy returns with us!
- Beautiful lodges and hotels
- Double rooms and family rooms with an option of a single supplement.
- Air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms.
Included in the tour’s price:
- Transportation/fuel (in case of self drive fuel is not included),
- meals as per itinerary,
- national park entrance fee,
- tour guide for the entire tour,
- transfer ‚to and from’ the airport,
- Pick-up in Windhoek and guests’ transfer to the lodge/hotel after the tour.
Not included in the tour’s price:
- Flights (bus tickets) to and from’ Namibia
- Flights from Zimbabwe or Zambia back home
- extended accommodation or additional transfers,
- sleeping bags on camping tours,
- compulsory travel insurance,
- water and drinks,
- alcoholic beverages,
- optional activities/attractions,
- gratuities and tips,
- trip extensions,
- personal shopping,
- Visa to Namibia